on-rev reliability ?

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Wed Jul 10 02:44:53 EDT 2013

Le 10 juil. 2013 à 04:02, Rick Harrison a écrit :

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Were you able to get phpPgAdmin to work correctly with
> the new version of PostgreSQL?  It keeps throwing
> permission errors at me when it tries to execute it's
> SQL code for queries etc.

phpPgAdmin works fine against my apps. About the permission sets, i suppose you mean the tables owners rights. While accessing the tables via phpPgAdmin needs to use the main on-rev account owner rights, i have the habit to create and grant dedicated sub owners to my different dbs to restrict securely the way my LC-server handlers interacts with PostgreSQL and in this way all works fine and as expected.

> So now we have to use "WHERE CAST" instead of "WHERE"?
> Who thought that would be better?

A simple and interesting PostgreSQL ascending compatibility glich, at least but, to the end, PostgreSQL stay indeed the rock-solid RDBMS it always went before, AKA 100% trustable/reliable to the end ;-)

> Of course now I'm on the tio server so I guess my mileage may vary from yours.

Just be sure to have an eye on the version number of the PostgreSQL installation running on tio to know if you have to update your LC coding…

Best,

Pierre