[OT] Strange OSX Problems

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Tue Jul 9 16:43:40 EDT 2013

Hi Peter,

If I were you I'd also run a disk diagnostic program like
"DiskWarrior" just to see everything on your hard drive is correct.

Do a full backup of your computer hard drive
with Time Machine or else do a full image backup.
Then, realize that OS X.7.4 is not current and upgrade to OS X.7.5.

Try running the "Activity Monitor" to see if there is anything
out of the ordinary taking up the CPU cycles that shouldn't be.

If the problem still doesn't go away then:

Try running a "Virus Scanning" program just to be sure you haven't
picked up a trojan anywhere from the internet.  (That's a long shot,
but may be worth the piece of mind.)

Sometimes a failing hard drive will lock things up too.

Try booting in "Safe Mode" to see if the problem goes away.
If it does then there is something else going on.

Hope this helps!

Rick