[OT] Strange OSX Problems

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Jul 9 15:49:07 EDT 2013

I am experiencing some very strange OSX 10.7.4 behavior and hoping someone
may be able to shed some light on it.

All works fine for some undefined period of time, then I find that no new
applications will launch either from the dock or double clicking them in
the FInder or right clicking them and selecting open in the Finder.  No
error message, just nothing happens.  Applications that are already running
continue to work fine.

Concurrent with this, if I try to go to a new URL in my browser (Chrome),
once again, nothing happens, no error message.

Restarting fixes the problem but it always reoccurs after some undefined
period of time.

I have done the obvious things (verfying disks, repairing permissions) but
they made no difference.  Also checked disk space on my home drive and
there's plenty available.

Any diagnostic or fix ideas most welcome.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>