FranklinAudio in Standalone?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 8 20:20:07 EDT 2013

On 7/8/13 6:42 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> Thanks Klaus and Matthias.  I believe I got it working, and I think the
> key phrase in my case was "start using stack xyzŠ"
>
> I'm confused though, because the dictionary says if externals are manually
> set for a stack via script, the stack must relaunched before LiveCode can
> use the externals.  In my case, I am setting the externals of the
> mainstack during preOpenCard, and it seems to be working, so I'm not sure
> what's going on there.
>
> But hey, I'm not going to question too much, out of fear of incurring the
> wrath of the Gods of Failure.

I'm intimately familiar with those gods. Back in the day, the one
exception to the "must relaunch stack" rule was that you could set
externals in a startup handler, so that's what I've always done. It only
works in a standalone, of course.

I'm not sure why yours works in preOpenCard, but maybe they changed the
rules. Or maybe you are just blessed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com