LiveCode and WebSockets

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Mon Jul 8 19:56:35 EDT 2013

Mark ,

Should work (untested) :

Node.js on the server side + revBrowser (desktop) or mobileBrowser (iOS/android) + some js +  <a href…>client-side pseudo urls</a> to get catched by :

on browserLoadRequested pUrl, pType
-- prefered on the iOS platform (desktop platforms untested)
end browserLoadRequested

and

on browserStartedLoading pUrl
-- prefered on the Android platform (desktop platforms untested)
end browserStartedLoading

to being able to exchange bidirectional messages between your web layer to the native livecode one.

note : your web view pseudo URLs needs to match existing files (workingpath/file.html…) in your client app sandboxed cache or document directory to be catchable on the Android platform at least. To maintain a common codebase with the iOS app, i have the habit to create the on this platform too.

Pierre