cihnlkhcxlfg and cntnkhwvrlhu

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 6 15:01:19 EDT 2013

Richmond wrote:
> Well . . . err . . . err . . . the problem should be fixed by the powers
> that be.

To truly fix the problem the civilized world would need to cut off all
Internet traffic from the PRC, and large portions of Russia, the
Ukraine, and others.  Such a solution would be fairly complete, since
that's where most of the spambots I see in forums comes from, but would
have two downsides:

1. Lots of innocent traffic would be cut off from the West.
2. The NSA would have much less to spy on. :)

Internet security is an ongoing cat-and-mouse game; every time a new
"fix" becomes available, a new method of circumventing it comes along
days later.

With the RunRev forums, a few of us have been given privileges to delete
posts, and fairly recently I was also given the ability to ban both
specific accounts and IPs.

It isn't possible for any RunRev employee or volunteer moderator like
myself to monitor the forums 24/7.  For that we ask that you simply use
the Report button available for every post.  With that, the next time
someone logs in with privileges to do something about it we do.  No need
to add a new form of spam here with threads about forum issues where
almost no one here can do anything about it.

If a problem seems particularly onerous, you're always welcome to submit
a report to support at runrev.com.

As for this latest robospam, those posts have been deleted and their
accounts and IP addresses banned.

I look forward to seeing future reports from you in the Report for
offending posts in the forums where the few of us on this list who can
address them will be able to do so quickly.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World