LiveCode IDE Appearance on Windows

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Jul 6 07:35:16 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Roger Guay <irog at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I convinced a good friend to try LiveCode. He's a Windows guy and I, a
> Mac. I am forwarding his question to me about the degraded appearance of
> Livecode on his screen in contrast with his other installed apps. I have no
> idea about this . . .Can anyone help?

I'm guessing that he has the "Make it easier to read what's on your screen"
percentage set to "Larger - 150%". At this percentage Windows uses a DPI of
144. If an application isn't marked as DPI aware then Windows will scale
the UI. Check out this document for more information (see the DWM Scaling
section):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff684173(v=vs.85).aspx

--
Trevor DeVore