Memory usage

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 09:00:56 EDT 2013

Jacques,

Since your client has the requirement of no externals, I think there is
still one way to encrypt the data, using nothing but the engine.

Isn't it the case that if you store data as custom properties in
password-protected stacks that the custom property data is encrypted?

I think you can put a whole object into a custom property.  Thus your
players could be stored as custom properties, then the password set on the
stacks, and those stacks stored to disk. When loaded from disk, and
unencrypted, the player could be moved out of the custom property (and the
property deleted) onto a card.

But in this scenario, you are then dependent on the level of encryption
offered by LiveCode itself. That still should be faster/superior to any
simple encryption scheme knocked up in LC.

Bernard