Memory usage

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Jul 3 18:16:38 EDT 2013

On Jul 3, 2013, at 2:25 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 7/3/13 1:53 PM, Devin Asay wrote:
>
>> Why not set the destroyStack to true, and save the stacks as they are
>> downloaded from the server to specialFolderPath("temporary")? Then
>> they would open quickly when re-called. You could make sure the
>> temporary cache was deleted before quitting.
>
> Yeah. But I have been forbidden to write anything to disk, for any reason, no how, no way. They are concerned about their content being swiped. Though I confess I've thought about doing it.

But now we're getting into semantics, right? Because if you use up all your RAM the OS is going to start spooling stuff onto the hard drive. Seems like there are all kinds of safeguards you could put in place to protect their content and still maintain programming efficiencies. Encrypting stacks written to disk for one.

Devin

Devin AsayLearn to code with LiveCode University
http://university.livecode.com