6.1

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jul 3 17:30:09 EDT 2013

On 04/07/2013, at 7:25 AM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com> wrote:

>> Maybe I'm misunderstanding what that means but it seems to be contradict
>> what the dictionary entries for the various xxxcolor properties say, eg "If
>> an object's *foregroundPattern* is set, the pattern is shown instead of the
>> color specified by *foregroundColor*."
>
> It doesn't contradict it. Setting a pattern will unset a color and setting a color will unset a pattern. That's why we needed to have a consistent precedence rule. Same for image filename/text in that case text has precedence.

Actually, I spoke too soon. The color property docs are wrong. They should state that an object can only have one or the other. The way it's worded does seem to indicate patterns have precedence which they don't.

Maybe a good contribution for you Pete? No C coding involved just editing the xml files.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!