LiveCode 6.1 Released Today

Heather Laine heather at runrev.com
Tue Jul 2 12:57:18 EDT 2013

Dear List Members,

LiveCode 6.1 has been launched today and brings with it some exciting updates. We have listened to the feedback and 6.1 brings with it optional licence activation.

Another exciting feature in this release is the new “chained” behaviors. Behaviors help developers to put more structure into their code and avoid repetition. Less repetition = faster coding and fewer opportunities for error!

LiveCode 6.1 includes 15 new features of which 7 were user contributed - go you! We're very impressed here at RunRev at how you guys have got stuck in and started work on the engine, even before it has been modularised and tamed.

Features include:

	• Chained Behavior - sophisticated OOP-like programming
	• iOS Remote Control Support - eg control audio and video playback via a headset
	• Activation removed in Community edition - allows easy fast installation
	• Locking Group Updates - speeds up custom controls composed of many objects
	• Getting the Page Ranges of a Field
	• Improved properties Property - list all the built in attributes of the object you are working with
	• Additional statistical functions

Thanks for making LiveCode Better!

Commercial license holders will receive this update automatically, log in to your account to see it.

Community users can download the update here:

http://livecode.com/get-started/

Warm Regards,

Heather

Heather Laine