User's language

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Mon Jul 1 17:18:37 EDT 2013

On 07/01/2013 01:43 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> You're welcome to try the language stack on my site.  In your message box:
>    go url
> "http://www.tactilemedia.com/site_files/downloads/language_specs.livecode"
>

> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, UX/UI Design

Scott,

I see this does not include a method for Linux. Tsk, tsk. Perhaps users
of other distros can verify this works (or doesn't!) under their
favorite flavor, but I can confirm that under Mint and openSUSE LiveCode
places this information into a global variable called $LANG which can be
directly called.

For example, 'get $LANG' or 'put $LANG'.

All sorts of interesting stuff revealed by pressing the "V" button in
the Message Box.

Warren