User's language

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Mon Jul 1 14:30:13 EDT 2013

Hi John,

Not sure if this gives the absolutely authoritative info about the
system's language, but it should be at least semi-authoritative:

On a Mac:
put shell("locale") into tMyInfo
-- then look for the line in tMyInfo that starts with "LANG="

on Windows (at least Win7):
put shell("systeminfo") into tMyInfo
-- then look for the line in tMyInfo that starts with "System Locale:"

HTH -
Phil Davis

On 6/30/13 11:41 PM, John wrote:
>      I am not sure how localizations are supposed to work in Live Code.  I understand including the ".lproj" indicates which languages you intend to support, but how do I determine the language that the user currently has his computer set for?  A search of the dictionary seems to indicate that this information is available for mobile but I can't find any entries for the desktop.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Phil Davis