Change one data grid row from another

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Jan 30 12:32:55 EST 2013

Hi Gerry,
There may be a more official way to do this but here's one possibility.

In your code that shows the group, store the group name for that row off
somewhere, possibly a cprop of the datagrid group.  In the same code get
the cprop contents and hide it.

The component controls of a datagrid consist of the control name followed
by a space and a 4 digit number representing the visbile line number on the
screen. For example if your dg has 10 visible lines, your group control on
line 1 would be named "extraButtons 0001" and on the 10th line
"extraButtons 0002".  In tables, the dgcolumn gets you that name I believe,
but I'm not sure how that works in forms.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>