Now illegal to unlock your cellphone (U.S.)

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Jan 29 15:16:07 EST 2013

Sorry, but I can't let that pass.  Every time the subject of gun control
comes up in the press, completely unfounded statements are thrown around by
the like of the NRA and others who are against gun control, and the
baseball bat/hammer is one of them.

According to the FBI 2011 stats, weapons used in homicides were:

Firearms: 67.8%
Knives: 13.4%
Hands/fists/feet/etc: 5.7%
Blunt objects: 3.9%
Other dangerous weapons: 9.7%

Presumably a baseball bat or a hammer would be classified as a "blunt
object" or possibly "other dangerous weapon".  Either way, it's not even
close when compared to firearms.

Sorry for the totally off topic rant.

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Robert Sneidar <slylabs13 at me.com> wrote:

> I was shocked to find out that far fewer people are killed with
> semi-automatic rifles (called Assault weapons) than with hammers or
> baseball bats. No one would ever think of even registering who has a hammer
> or baseball bat! Never mind making them illegal. New laws will solve
> nothing.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>