Persistence on iOS (and Android)

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Jan 24 18:23:15 EST 2013

Is there such a thing as suspend/resume on iOS, or just startup and shutdown?

As far as I can see, when a LC app is suspended and resumed, it's in every way
restarted.  Unless we save our state explicitly in a file/database/stack, and
then reconstruct it on startup.  Is that correct, or am I missing something?

If that is correct - is the shutdown message a reliable signal that our app is
going to be backgrounded, on which we can save whatever data we need to
restore state?  Or do we have to save at every change in state, just in case
we're about to be suspended?

... and is it the same approach on Android, or do we have suspend/resume there?

TIA,

Ben