[OT] A tale of App Store rejection

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Jan 20 23:12:46 EST 2013

On 21/01/2013, at 01:34 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> But now the younger generation is smarter and far more tech-savvy than their parents, and all that hand-holding is just not cool with them.  They know what they're doing, and they like software that respects what they know.

Hey Richard - I hope you're haven't bought into the whole Prensky/Tapscott/digital natives/net generation BS ;) The current crop 'youngsters' might be extremely prolific users of technology but their typical pattern of use seems to be quite superficial.

> In 2012, for the first time in Apple's history the biggest buying demographic was no longer 18-35, but 35-50.  The core Apple audience is changing, growing a bit older each year.

A bit like Facebook then. It doesn't necessarily mean that the younger demographic is abandoning Apple/Facebook - rather that ownership/participation has plateaued there while it is still growing in the older age groups. Or not?

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Eduction Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne