[OT] A tale of App Store rejection

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun Jan 20 21:50:46 EST 2013

On 01/20/2013 06:45 PM, Robert Sneidar wrote:
> All your arguments rest inexorably on the precept that Apple "owes
> you something". Show me in any contract you and Apple have entered
> into where Apple is obligated to accept any app you submit!

I'm sorry, Bob, but this is just BS. It's not about what Apple "owes"
anybody, but what is arguably best for *all* parties. Apple exerts
supervision and total control over the availability and distribution of
applications for iOS devices. It is undeniable that Apple has the final
say as a contractual and a practical matter. However, that does not
automatically mean that all of Apple's policies and decisions are
correct, sensible and otherwise beyond criticism.

I am somewhat disturbed, Bob, that you are so (apparently) hostile to
the notion that someone might protest the criteria generally, or some
specific decision specifically, regarding the acceptance or rejection of
applications, and the ease with which you dismiss such protest as
baseless. I don't know if the courts might decide Apple has crossed a
line which makes its policies actionable, but more importantly, there
seems to be in affect a policy which is in the end very contrary to much
of what some of us (once) associat(ed) with Apple.

Warren

(I've got a whole skeleton's worth of bones to pick and this is just one
of them)