[OT] A tale of App Store rejection

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jan 20 21:34:43 EST 2013

Roger Eller wrote:

 > Scratch that. Just give them time and they will sour the milk for the iOS
 > generation all by themselves. I've witnessed a few converts already.

I see it all the time, and their falling market share reflects it.

Changing from a computer company to a consumer electronics one wasn't
bad; indeed it's made them very rich.

But now the younger generation is smarter and far more tech-savvy than
their parents, and all that hand-holding is just not cool with them.
They know what they're doing, and they like software that respects what
they know.

In 2012, for the first time in Apple's history the biggest buying
demographic was no longer 18-35, but 35-50.  The core Apple audience is
changing, growing a bit older each year.

With Apple now the richest and most powerful multinational on earth, the
underdog story that brought them here is no longer relevant. They're no
longer fighting the man; they've become the man.

Meanwhile, somewhere out there is a company that wants to make smart
devices for the crazy ones, the outsiders, the square pegs in round holes...

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems