More about audio-video

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at me.com
Fri Jan 18 16:44:25 EST 2013

Right. But wasn't the question about being able to play audio and video cross platform without having to make the user install anything? Also, I have played ripped DVD content off my hard drive, and the format of the ripped video is MPEG2, so strictly speaking, you don't *have* to play MPEG2 off a DVD. That just happens to be the format DVD's use. Some older cameras record in MPEG2 format. I was able to play these in Quicktime, which was bundled with OS X, and I think some kind of video player must be bundled with PC's, although I have in the past gotten a DVD Player app that came with the PC that I had to install in order to play DVD's.

Bob