Desktop visual effect

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 15:27:48 EST 2013

Hi Pete,

Peter Haworth wrote
> Thanks Scott.  I guess I'll have a go at the blendlevel fade trick.

Please, check this source code in a stack and the executable Demo
posted by Chipp Walter in this mail list. Visit his webpage and look
for the following text:

http://www2.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Downloads.htm

Splash Screen Stack
This stack creates a very interesting splash screen effect -- sorta like
Kai Krause's MetaCreations programs used to do. It's actually quite simple,
but the effect is astounding. All the code is in the stack script. Notice
the translucent butterfly wings. Feel free to use as you like.
The executable is Windows only, but the effect should work on Macs as
well (use the .rev stack)

Download Windows Executable (.zip)

Splash Screen Source Code
One of the interesting things about this Splash Screen window is the way
it fades on. You can download the source code by clicking the link button
below.

Have a nice weekend!

Al