Telephony in LiveCode

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Fri Jan 18 12:23:12 EST 2013

The keyspan adapter requires drivers, and they are still updated regularly.
Until the relatively recent full adoption of USB by PCs   (Macs were the
first personal computer to use USB in 1997)  RS232 was the universal
interface standard for peripherals, and made adoption of these devices
cross-platform as long as the codes were published. Sometimes I've been
able to put a 'man in the middle' tap to a  RS232  connection to see the
commands that the proprietary software sends using a second computer or
even a terminal. And at least for a modem, commands are sent in plain text
using the Hayes AT command set.

http://michaelgellis.tripod.com/modem.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayes_command_set