Strange contents of long name

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Jan 15 15:44:51 EST 2013

Here's a recipe.

Create a couple of fields on a card.  Open the inspector for one of them
and set the name to empty - when you tab out, it will have a name in the
form "field id xxxx", which is LC's way of indicating that the name is
blank.  Leave the name for the other field as "Field"

Group the fields.  The group will be created with an empty name so open its
inspector  and give it a real name.

Select the field with a the name "Field" and in the message box "put the
long name of selobj()"  you'll see it contains the group name.

Select the field that has the empty name and do the same thing in the
message box.  The long name will contain the ID of the group, not the name.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>