Asynchronous Audio on Windows?

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at icloud.com
Tue Jan 15 14:36:13 EST 2013

Unless something has changed in the last couple years, external audio should work just fine using a player object, even if QT is not installed. Read Naturally has a desktop application (it's kind of old and outdated now) but it supported Windows and Mac. We recommended QT on Windows, but it wasn't required. Having it installed made things a bit easier (seems like there were some limitations if it wasn't), but audio playback worked regardless. So it might be worth a try.