iOS standalone - what to do about code signing failures?

Dave Kilroy dave at businessplaninsight.com
Sun Jan 13 18:11:34 EST 2013

Roger

Thanks for the thanks :)

I well remember what it felt like to be lost in codesigning marshes - not a nice place to be at all - so I hope the account of how I stumbled upon my way out is of use to you

Actually, a couple of messages after your one Andre advised me to look in Keychain Access - and he was right! - So with any luck if my meanderings don't help then someone else from the list will know what to do.

Regarding sources of help - don't do what I did and rely on the Apple WorldWide Developer Center - I wasted months (literally) waiting for something from them - and would have been much better off continuing to stay actively searching for a solution rather than switching to passively waiting for Apple to tell me what to do.

Having said that, one of the least nice things about the codesigning marshes is the loneliness - if there was someone else to discuss things with it would have been GREAT, someone who could have helped me think through what was going on and either help me uncover the flaws in my own thinking or else help ascertain 'known facts' - so if you would like to email me off list and use me as a sounding-board that would be just fine.

Best of luck!

Dave