iOS standalone - what to do about code signing failures?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 7 16:16:07 EST 2013

On 1/7/13 10:06 AM, Roger Guay wrote:

> Or, is it normal to have no devices for a Distribution Profile? (my
> Development Profiles all have my iPad listed)

Right, development profiles require an association with devices, and
those are the only ones allowed to run the app. Development profiles are
for testing. Distribution profiles are for uploading to the App Store
and don't require devices, since anyone can purchase and run the app.
Apple takes care of distribution.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com