Is there a way to send and receive iOS messages?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 08:59:26 EST 2013

It's not exactly game related. It's just the best way I could think of to describe it. I haven't worked out all the details, so it's difficult to describe exactly what I want to do. But it involves communication between a dynamic network of mobile devices. SMS won't work because they're not all phones -- some are going to be iPads. Communication would always be initiated by the recipient of the message. Having a central database and having the recipient give the sender a key that the recipient would then used to look up any pending messages in the database would work, I just figured it would be reasonable to piggyback off of an already existing service if possible. Plus the database could grow to unwieldy size. There might be a lot of messages.