REGEX and Livecode

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 01:01:21 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:
> Thanks Peter.  I'm a Mac guy so not familiar with the Linux terminology,
> although I probably have the utilities you mentioned since OSX is Linux at
> its core.

*ack*

No.

Backwards.

It would be fair to call Linux "unix at its core."

Darwin, though, is actual BSD Unix.  "MacOs" is a combination of
Darwin and "minor" details, such as the Mac interface, that run on top
of it.

Linux, in whatever sense you want to take the word, is a
reimplmentation/copy/knockoff/whatever of Unix, not the other way
around.

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462