What are the advantages of using on-rev over installing on say: hostgator?

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at semperuna.com
Wed Feb 27 22:07:08 EST 2013

On 28/02/2013, at 12:21 PM, Shawn Blc <shawnlivecode at gmail.com> wrote:

> What are the advantages of using on-rev over installing on say: hostgator?

I have used HostGator in the past, and it is a rather nice company - can't really say anything bad about it. They are responsive, always try to please their customers, and the technical problems I encountered with them were always minimal, and quickly solved.

On-Rev, on the other hand, is absolutely *superb*. What I've enjoyed the most in being an On-Rev customer is:

- the technology on the server is kept up-to-date (php, mysql, ruby)
- they don't overcrowd servers
- the service is *extremely* reliable
- pre-configured ability to use LiveCode scripting on web pages

But above all, the support is absolutely, incomparably AMAZING. They are knowledgeable, friendly, extremely professional and *responsive*.

Example: right in the middle of the kickstarter campaign, when we all knew how busy RunRev folk were, I had a *major* problem with my domain: a user on my shared server had been hacked, and as a consequence our server ended up blacklisted by certain domains, like hotmail. Despite the kickstart rush and incredibly busy time, on-rev folks responded quickly, and promptly moved my account to another server - which saved my skin.

Being able to rely on your host like this is worth *gold*, and I would not hesitate to recommend on-rev.

I hope this info helps.

Kind regards to all,

--
Igor Couto