mySQL OLD_PASSWORD

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:09:32 EST 2013

Back in March 2006, when I upgraded to mySQL 5.0, Rev (now LiveCode) could
not handle the new password algorithm, so you had to use the OLD_PASSWORD
format. I see my passwords are still in the old format.

Just downloaded the free Valentina Studio (thanks guys) and test running
it. Great with Val dbs, no problems with SQLite, but when I try to access
my localhost mySQL server I get:

drizzle_state_handshake_result_read:old insecure authentication mechanism
no supported

I'm assuming this is because I'm still using the OLD_PASSWORD format.

So, does anyone know if LiveCode can now handle the NEW mySQL password
format?

Is there any work around to get Val Studio 5.0 to work with OLD mySQL
passwords?

Thanks