Open Source Question

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:18:21 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 4:08 AM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com
> wrote:

> I really wish this list and our forums had a license that we agreed to.
> Something simple and non-viral so there was no fear of copy and paste from
> here.
>
> Sorry, are you suggesting that this List should have a license so that
everything I currently copy and past from it should be accredited in my
work back to the original author, i.e. the author should not fear that
their work would be copied but not be credited. Or are you saying the
license should make it blantantly clear to anyone who posts here (which I
thought it was, as there is no license) that anything and everything that
is posted here could and would end up in a thousand different people's work
without any acknowledgement of the source, i.e. visitors to the list should
fear copying anything or everything from this List.

I hope you mean the latter; whilst at the same time, for my own work
(nothing commercial) in the About box I include a generalised 'thank you'
to List members for their help and a link in the hope someone reading it
will join the party.