On-Rev : Phishing attempt

Paul Hibbert lc at pbh.on-rev.com
Wed Feb 27 13:38:18 EST 2013

Ignore it! However, you should keep a regular check on your PayPal account, go direct to PP by typing their address into a browser, never from a link.

I get the same type of email occasionally, probably many others on this list do too.

It's an attack aimed at getting you to respond, to log on to 'their' server with your details, once you do that they have access to your PayPal account.

The attack usually happens because they got hold of your email address from somewhere, probably not something they did on your on-rev server, unless you publish it there.

Some of these attacks are very clever and try to make you click their links because you panic thinking more about the money than your internet security.

Paul