in app purchases

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Feb 26 17:39:56 EST 2013

On 27/02/2013, at 3:12 AM, Chris Sheffield wrote:

> My experience was that turning on updates and leaving them on actually caused more problems. I ended up with all kinds of weird behavior, especially when downloads did not complete. But in my case, I had large files downloading, so it was easy to interrupt them (i.e. closing the app while a download was in progress). I also didn't want the app to immediately start checking for incomplete purchases immediately when launching. It just doesn't really make sense with the way we have the app structured. So in One Minute Reader, I turn on updates when a purchase is initiated and turn them off when a purchase is finished.
>
> Also, Apple's docs, if I remember correctly, said to wait until delivery of content is complete before sending the delivery confirmation. I know this sounds strange, but this didn't work for me. I finally tried sending the delivery confirmation as soon as purchaseStateUpdate received a "paymentReceived" state. Then, after sending delivery confirmation, the app downloads the content. I know it seems a little backwards, but again, we were getting all kinds of weird results doing it the other way when the download would get interrupted.
>
> Anyway, not sure if this helps at all. This was just my experience, for whatever it's worth.

Hmm... in my case the actual data to be installed as a result of the purchase will already be downloaded and/or distributed with the app... So it's just the sale going through....

Could you explain the weird behavior a bit more?

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!