Modal vs modeless

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Feb 26 12:03:34 EST 2013

On Feb 26, 2013, at 9:51 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Devin,
>
> I never did get modeless except for using within the LC environment. I never understood its usefulness in regular standalone applications.
>
> I'm curious what others use it for.

To be honest, that's the only use I've found for it. It seems like once you've built a standalone essentially all top level windows behave like modeless. I supposed that if you had an application that let the end user modify objects in a window, you'd want the user-modifiable window to be top level and all of your interface windows to be modeless.

Wait. I think I just described the LiveCode IDE. Stay tuned for more circular explanations!

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University