Kickstarter: Donations tax deductible?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 04:24:12 EST 2013

Maybe RunRev can help out here by following this example to provide receipts for KickStarter donations once the project is funded?

 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1872362369/first-season-of-the-los-angeles-new-court-theatre/posts/190933

That would make...

Donation + Reward = Consideration + Product = Purchase of software / event, etc

All allowable business expenses (at least in the UK).
Best,
Keith..