Looping m4a audio

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 24 15:49:43 EST 2013

On 2/24/13 6:20 AM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> The example loop has a clunk in it, even in QuickTime Player. I
> cleaned that up and could then get clunk-free looping of AIF or M4A
> in LiveCode.
>
> But, there was a moment of silence when it loops. That is the case in
> LiveCode with either AIF or M4A as external files, and also in
> QuickTime Player. Only Director would play the sound perfectly.
>
> Next I tried this:
>
> play audioclip 1 looping
>
> That works perfectly in LiveCode. Of course, that limits you to
> desktop only, it won't work on mobile. And it would need to be loaded
> into memory, as is the case when using audioClips.
>
> Would that be acceptable?

I really appreciate all your work on this Colin, thanks so much. I tried
the m4a in a player and I didn't hear any silence between loops, but I'm
still on Lion. The client in Mt Lion does hear it. I'm inclined to agree
with Scott that there's no good way to deal with this. The results also
varied for my client between different playbacks, like it did for you.
Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.

The link to the enhanced QT external docs didn't work and I couldn't
find a new one. We'd like to avoid externals if possible, but I was
curious to read about it anyway.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com