Record sound

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sun Feb 24 15:35:54 EST 2013

Hi René,

If I understand correctly, you want to make an app that receives an
audio stream from some server somewhere and converts it to a local file.
If that is true, here are a couple of thoughts:

- the stream will resolve to a URL, so maybe you could make your own
"load" routine to save the stream to the HD, then deal with conversion
afterward. But you would probably have to interact with the streaming
protocol, which may not be so easy.

- you could most likely have your app use a tool like ffmpeg to receive
the receive the stream, convert it and save it.

Sorry I don't have any better answers.

Phil Davis

On 2/24/13 2:53 AM, René Micout wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> The "record sound" function allows to record sounds directly from LiveCode.
> The "recordInput" property allows to choose what source will be recorded with these parameters :
>
> imic - records from the internal microphone
> emic -records from the external sound input jack
> cd - records from an internal CD player
> irca - records from an RCA input jack
> tvfm - records from an FM radio tuner
> idav - records from a DAV analog input port
> mbay - records from a media-bay device
> modm - records from the modem
> zvpc - records from zoom video input
> none - does not record.
> dflt - record from input chosen in general setups sound system
>
> Searching in QuickTime documentation I founded 4 other parameters :
>
> sinj - sound input jack
> pcmo - PC card pam input
> dvda - DVD audio inpit
> mica - microphone array
>
> Nowhere I see possibility to record directly the sound from inside the Mac, record I can do with application like "SoundTape" http://www.nch.com.au/soundtap/fr/index.html
>
> Is anybody had to resolve this problem ?
>
> Thank you
> René

Phil Davis