get type from the text of image

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Feb 22 17:08:44 EST 2013

Not sure about your setup, but I imagine you could store binary image data
so you don't have to mess with image format all.  The one complication is
if you allow folks to scale an image in whatever you're doing.  You'll
need to save the reformatted image data, so recompressing JPEG shouldn't
be an issue as long as you start with "best" resizeQuality.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design