get type from the text of image

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Feb 22 16:22:13 EST 2013

Hi Monte:

You can probably use the paintCompression property to check the image
type.  It might also help to know that PNG is essentially lossless -- you
shouldn't lose any image data using this format.  You may find that
dealing with the gamma of PNG images is something of a black art and can
cause subtle changes in how an image is displayed.  But this is true for
the many apps that save/display PNGs, as well as LC, so it may not be an
issue.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director