1001 things to do with LiveCode - only 400 page views per day

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 21 01:55:20 EST 2013

planix wrote:

 > I use R (a statistical programming language) a fair bit. There are
 > a number of GUIs for it but none that are straightforward for student
 > users (my main base). It would be incredibly easy to develop a GUI using
 > Livecode.  I could then access R functionality using shell or process
 > (I think) calls.

That would be quite doable, and likely fast enough that I'm not sure
what you'd gain from a native interface to the R engine.

My own R experience is limited to knowing only that it's important and
worth learning, but I haven't yet spent much time with it in earnest.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems