Build-time v Run-time

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Feb 15 12:18:42 EST 2013

Thanks Klaus. I guess I didn't encounter this because I always begin my apps with a 'startUp' handler - these are not executed when a stack is loaded into the IDE, but they are when a standalone is loaded. One can test the logic by doing 'send "startUp" to...'. I do use preOpenCard handlers but usually in distant cards which are only opened under program control.

Funny I didn't realise this after all this time.

Thanks again.

Graham