Mac App Submit

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Fri Feb 15 10:34:01 EST 2013

I just went through the steps, and what you say here is confusing:

>> For the value enter the previously chosen Mac App Store Application Category Type from the list of allowed category types provided by Apple. For this example we are entering "public.app-category.entertainment". Save your changes.
>
> I add this value manually and save, but when I close and reopen it the changes age gone.

You don't manually add "Mac App Store Application Category Type", you choose from the menu an item that matches the Mac App Store category that you have previously claimed the app to be. So for example, in my test I chose "public.app-category.developer-tools". The save and reopen worked fine, but note that when you reopen you're no longer in Raw Keys/Values. The thing you added will show as "Application Category" with a value on the lines of "Developer Tools".

By the way, you can completely skip the raw keys steps, just let it stay in the easy looking English version, add in an "Application Category", and choose from the easy to understand category list.

Also, yes, the article is out of date, for a while now Xcode has taken over editing plists, there is no Property List Editor anymore.