PPC ?

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu Feb 14 00:24:52 EST 2013

Mark,

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Judy-
>
> Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 8:14:31 PM, you wrote:
>
>> My university's CS department's Linux lab is comprised of all PPC Macs.
>
> Interesting. What are they running? Yellowdog?

You know, I don't actually know!  I was kinda broken-hearted when they
eliminated my Mac lab for this and didn't look further except to inquire
what they had done with the machines.  I'll try to remember to ask them
tomorrow.  We now again have a real Mac lab and a real Mac programmer
full-time, tenure-track faculty member, which is cool.  Interestingly
enough, we now also offer Python as one of our one-unit language courses.
LC going open-source could offer yet another possibility in that batch of
coursework.

Judy