Advertising apps in GNU OS LiveCode?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Feb 13 22:20:33 EST 2013

As far as I'm aware open source does not preclude a developer from earning income. However, the iOS app store won't allow GPL apps and I think google accepts free ones. Basically if you released a GPL version of your software there's nothing to stop someone downloading the source and removing the ads then reposting so it's probably not worth your time implementing it. If you want to earn money then get commercial. There's  couple of good deals on kickstarter ;-)

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!