What do you want to contribute?

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Wed Feb 13 17:39:02 EST 2013

The cocoa thing is the way to access advanced features like Grand Central Dispatch (introduced in snow leopard) that allows an more effective use of nowadays multicore processors by using queues instead of threads. This is of tremendous help for CPU intensive tasks, like scientific computing, signal processing, image processing, 3D imaging, etc... Not kid stuff, typically. Optimizing open source computing code with these tools is a boost in performance.
A first application would be naturally in externals, but runrev could benefit from it directly.
See
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2009/08/mac-os-x-10-6/12/
for a short but good technical explanation.

Best regards
	François