What do you want to contribute?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Feb 13 17:05:28 EST 2013

On 14/02/2013, at 8:53 AM, Mike Kerner wrote:

> The problem I have is that even though I'm a regular LC user, I don't know
> what's where and what the various elements are in because I haven't tried
> to dive in to look at it.  So without having a good understanding of what's
> going on, it's hard to put my name on any of those things AND we also need
> to know what Kevin is willing to relinquish control of without the project
> getting forked first.

Well the way open source projects usually work on GitHub/BitBucket is you fork it, make a change and then send a pull request to the repo you forked from. It's then up to the owner of the repo you sent the pull request to merge or not. It's up to them. I'm not asking anyone to make a definite commitment to doing something. Just say what you are prepared to look at, try and work out and resolve or add. Then if RunRev want's it then they can accept it. Interesting situation with the IDE is it may be possible to fork it alone and still use it for commercial development... not positive on that but maybe???

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services