LiveCode has a new eye on the earth

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:08:48 EST 2013

On Feb 12, 2013, at 5:31 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> I don't care about the webpage. Halfway down there's a screenshot of the
> LiveCode UI command panel. That's the part I'm complaining about. Yes, I do get
> your point about this being an impressive system, but the part that shows what
> LC looks like in action isn't likely to generate any positive interest.

I might for those who come in thinking that LC is all about eye candy and can't do any serious lifting. It would probably take less than 2 days for any one of three dozen denizens of this list to re-tool their GUI to make it look spiffy (which can be pointed out to those who care). But NASA was undoubtedly trying to create a tool that works, and they have one, and can update it easily as needed. There are lots of folks that we need to attract to LC who have been dismissing it as a lightweight hobbyist's playground and who need to know its power.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig