Campaign update

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:59:49 EST 2013

Kevin

One small thing that could be done is to link the RunRev Facebook page to the Kickstarter page. At the moment, the text "Has not connected Facebook" is displayed by the Facebook logo on the Kickstarter project page.

Regards

Peter

On 13 Feb 2013, at 02:11, Kevin Miller wrote:

> [...]
> on our efforts there tomorrow.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kevin
>
> Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
> LiveCode: Everyone can code
>

> On 12/02/2013 17:17, "Mark Schonewille" <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kevin,
>>
>> Thanks for the e-mail, but it is yet another message to the already
>> existing LiveCode community. It isn't clear to me what RunRev is doing
>> to reach people outside this community and how we could help. Could you
>> elaborate on that? (I'd like to read a little more than "tell your
>> friends", "share on social media" and "we're open to suggestions").
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Mark Schonewille
>>
>> Economy-x-Talk Consulting and Software Engineering
>> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/xtalkprogrammer
>> KvK: 50277553
>>
>> Use Color Converter to convert CMYK, RGB, RAL, XYZ, H.Lab and other
>> colour spaces. http://www.color-converter.com
>>
>> We have time for new software development projects. Contact me for a
>> quote.
>>
>> On 14 January, we suffered severe server problems. If you tried to send
>> an e-mail between 13 and 18 January and didn't get a reply, please try
>> again.
>>
>> On 2/12/2013 17:44, Kevin Miller wrote:
>>> Hi Team,
>>>
>>> We are now approaching the half way point on the campaign. We're a
>>> quarter
>>> of the way through funding. While there is often a spike at the end of
>>> Kickstarter projects, I think we have more work to do to keep building
>>> momentum!
>>>
>>> While the vast majority of the comments and feedback we've had on this
>>> campaign has been positive, there has been some confusion from a sizable
>>> minority. Reading the various comments on the campaign I think there the
>>> cause is the lack of clarity around the goal of "going open source" (not
>>> something which costs money), vs the "actual project", which requires
>>> development effort and thus funding. I'm not sure we have done as good
>>> a job
>>> as we could have in communicating that. I'm also not sure that the
>>> campaign
>>> has yet resonated as widely with those outside our customer base as we
>>> intended. I think this is probably the reason.
>>>
>>> So we've updated the campaign page today. The project has been retitled
>>> "Next Generation LiveCode (Open Source)" so that we clearly communicate
>>> the
>>> project itself in the headline. We've reworked the text to state the
>>> benefits to the end user more clearly, asking questions up front which
>>> resonate with our target audience and then telling a simple story. We've
>>> talked about the ground breaking changes we're making and linked to the
>>> posts. We've moved the various pledge level graphics off to make the