Programming SubReddit

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 10 06:28:49 EST 2013

It a question of what you're doing.  The key edge that LC has is what
Hypercard also had, its the speed with which you can pick up GUI creation.

Any language can call bits of bash or other utilities, awk for instance.
Well, I don't know about any.  Any we would seriously consider  There's
nothing special about that.

If what you need is text manipulation, there is still nothing to beat awk,
if you happen to know it.  But if you want to create a full gui from
scratch, well yes, you can do it in Python, but if you have to learn both
languages first....  its no contest.

Its horses for courses.

Peter