Stack formats and the O-S version.

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 10 01:44:13 EST 2013

On 2/8/13 1:37 PM, Richmond wrote:
> On 02/08/2013 09:26 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> On 2/8/13 9:57 AM, Richmond wrote:
>>> As, presumably, the O-S version of Livecode will enable everyone
>>> to open stacks whether they are in the pre-2.7, the pre-5.5 or the post
>>> 5.5 format
>>> why doesn't RunRev (or someone authorised by them) release a small
>>> widget to
>>> open post 5.5 stacks and offer to save them in either
>>> the pre-2.7 or the pre-5.5 format right now?
>>
>> Anyone with 5.5+ could do that with a standalone in about two minutes.
>> If someone else doesn't do it, I'll write one pretty soon.
>>

> Lovely, Thanks.

It's here now:
<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/resources_stackversioner.html>

It's a very quick job without much testing. Be sure you convert only
copies of stacks, because it doesn't make a backup for you. If there are
any problems, let me know.

I included a png file in the Linux folder so you could use it as an icon
if you wanted. I want to tell that Python guy over on the Reddit forum
that it took me about 15 minutes to lay out the stack, write the script,
and build executables for three operating systems. (Of course, it took
me 2 hours to make the app icon, which still looks pretty awful. I am
graphically challenged. I know my limits.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com